Loading...

Our Story

Klecatsky & Sons Funeral Homes has been serving the St. Paul and Eagan area communities for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.

 


 

It was 1926, the year that saw the first television publicly demonstrated, iconic Route 66 created to run from Chicago to Los Angeles, and the Ford Motor Company’s establishment of the 40 hour work week. It was also the year when Joseph S. Klecatsky graduated from the University of Minnesota and commenced his long career in funeral service, opening a funeral home on West 7th Street in St. Paul.

By 1955, Joe had built and opened our current locations in West St. Paul and South St. Paul. Two of his sons, Dick and Tom, followed in his footsteps, graduating from the University of Minnesota and joining the business in 1969 and 1972 (respectively).

In 1984, Joe passed away after 62 years of dedicated service to local families. Tom and Dick continued to build on their father’s foundation of exceptional service and striving to meet the needs of the local community. In 1986 “Joseph S. Klecatsky & Sons Funeral Home” was built and opened in Eagan. An on-site crematory was added to the Eagan location in 1993, affording families the option of complete, trustworthy care of their loved one when cremation is chosen. The family tradition continued in 1998 when Tom’s son-in-law, Bob Westrup, graduated from the University of Minnesota and joined the business.

Over 85 years after its inception, the Klecatsky family and committed staff continue the tradition of guiding our community through the sharing of life’s experiences.

West Chapel
Phone: (651) 457-6200
1051 South Robert Street, West St. Paul, MN 55118

Southern Chapel
Phone: (651) 451-1551
414 Marie Avenue, South St. Paul, MN 55075

Eagan Chapel
Phone: (651) 454-9488
1580 Century Point, Eagan, MN 55121


© Klecatsky & Sons Funeral Homes
Supported by SRS Computing and TA

Privacy Policy & Terms of Use